There is a lot more to Galveston than just the beach so if you are planning a family trip this Spring Break then you should schedule time to see some of the sites across the island. Below are some recommendations.
- Obviously, hit the beach. Galveston offers beach parks as well as free access to the beaches along the Seawall and west end.
- Take a bike ride on the Seawall. Hotel Galvez guests have access to complimentary bikes plus there are surrey and bike rentals available along the Seawall.
- Meet a pirate at the new Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast attraction then watch a short movie on Jean Laffite at Pier 21 Theater.
Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast is Galveston's newest family attraction located in downtown Galveston.
- Walk the decks of a real ship aboard the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa at the Texas Seaport Museum.
- See the dolphins on Baywatch Tours at Pier 21.
- Treat yourself to freshly made sweets at Rocky Mountain Chocolate, Nestle Toll House Café or La King’s Confectionary all located in downtown Galveston.
- Swirl through the Twin Twisters ride at Schlitterbahn Galveston.
- Make faces at the White-Faced Saki Monkeys at the Rainforest Pyramid at Moody Gardens.
- Take a ghost tour with Dash Beardsley via Ghost Tours of Galveston then finish it off with a visit to Haunted Mayfield Manor – a year-round haunted house.
- Tour an actual jack-up oil rig at the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum at Pier 19. On the March 10 Family Day, children ages 18 and under get in free from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
There’s always plenty to keep you busy in Galveston. For more information, visit www.Galveston.com