This Father’s Day think beyond the power tools and get Dad something he’d really like. Here are ten quick gift ideas for Father’s Day, most of which are available in historic downtown Galveston. Father’s Day is Sunday, June 17, 2012.
- A Tense Watch which features a Citizens movement and wooden watch band with wood from various parts of the world from The Jewel Garden, 2326 Strand.
- A deep sea fishing trip booked through Galveston Charter Boats, look for them at Hotel Galvez, 2024 Seawall Blvd.
- A custom photo cookie from Nestle Toll House Café, 126 23rd Street.
- A copy of “Dad My Hero” or another book from Gracie’s, 2228 Strand.
- Tickets on the new Jet Boat Thrill Rides, Pier 21. By the way, Dads can ride for half price on Father’s Day.
- A family outing to Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast, adjacent to Saengerfest Park, followed by a souvenir photo of the kids dressed as pirates from Buster’s Old Time Photos, 2217 Strand. Ask about discounts.
- A large Blue Point Crab made in brass from The Admiralty, Ocean Discoveries, 2211 Strand.
- An authentic African mask from Primitive African Art Gallery, 2211 Strand, second floor.
- Tickets to one of the summer shows at The Grand 1894 Opera House, 2020 Postoffice.
- A gift certificate for a massage or gentlemen’s facial at The Spa, or a copy of Hotel Galvez: Queen of the Gulf.
About Mitchell Historic Properties
Mitchell Historic Properties (MHP) oversees Galveston properties owned by developer, philanthropist and preservationist George Mitchell and the Mitchell family, including its commercial and residential properties located downtown as well as three hotels – Hotel Galvez & Spa, The Tremont House and Harbor House Hotel and Marina. MHP owns and preserves approximately one-fourth of the buildings in The Historic Strand Seaport Area. The Mitchell’s ongoing preservation of Galveston’s historic downtown helped spark the resurrection of The Strand National Historic Landmark District as a tourist destination. For leasing information, visit www.MitchellHistoricProperties.com
or call (409) 763-5806.