Hotel Location: The Tremont House is the only hotel located in The Strand National Historic Landmark District and newly designated Downtown Cultural Arts District.
Number of Standard Rooms: 104
Number of Suites: 15
Total Number of Rooms: 119
Total Meeting Space: 15,776
Total Number of Meeting Rooms: 8 Rooms
Largest meeting room is the Tremont Ballroom offering 7946 sq. ft. of meeting space.
Hotel Outlets: Tremont Café, 1888 Toujouse Bar, and The Rooftop Bar
Amenities: Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms and public areas, complimentary shuttle to sister hotel, Hotel Galvez & Spa, history exhibit on lobby level, and gym.
Entertainment: Live jazz on Fridays and Saturdays, 6 to 10 p.m.
Parking: Valet parking is $17/day or metered parking is available for $1.50/hour and charged daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Unique Facts: The hotel is located in the 1879 Leon & H. Blum Building, a former dry goods concern. The current hotel is the third incarnation of a Galveston hotel bearing this name and opened in 1985 in conjunction with the city-wide revival of Mardi Gras! Galveston. When The Tremont House opened, it was the first hotel to open in downtown Galveston in more than sixty years, sparking a revival of The Strand Historic District.
- Craft Beer 101 Weekend (June 5-7, 2015)
- Tremont Tea Society, Sunday overnight package in conjunction with Tremont Afternoon Tea (Available June 14, Sept. 13, & Dec. 13, 2015)
- Marry Me Engagement Package (Year-round)
- Park and Sail Package (Year-round)
- Mardi Gras Getaway (Seasonal)
- Book 2 Nights; Save 20% (Subject to availability)
- Book 3 Nights; Save 30% (Subject to availability)
Downtown Events (walking distance from hotel):
- ArtWalk (April 18, May 30, July 11, Aug. 22, Oct. 10 & Nov. 28, 2015)
The Tremont House is always host to art exhibit as part of ArtWalk.
- Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival at Pier 21 (April 17-19, 2015)
- Divas Half Marathon (April 18-19, 2015)
- Galvez Vow Renewal (June 13, 2015/Shuttle available)
- Tremont Afternoon Tea (June 14, Sept. 13 & Dec. 13, 2015)
- Movie Nite & Music Nite (first Saturdays & second Saturdays, March – Oct., 2015)
- The Grand 1894 Opera House’ 41st Annual Performing Arts Season (Opening Sept. 2015)
- Galveston Island Wild Texas Shrimp Festival (Sept. 25-27, 2015)
- 18th Annual Artoberfest (Oct. 17-18, 2015)
- 34th Annual Island Oktoberfest (Oct. 23-24, 2015)
- Lone Star Motorcycle Rally (Nov. 5-8, 2015)
- Holiday Half Marathon (Nov. 22, 2015)
- Hotel Galvez Holiday Lighting Celebration (Nov. 27, 2015/Shuttle available)
- 42nd Annual Dickens on The Strand (Dec. 4-6, 2015)
- Santa Hustle (Dec. 20, 2015)
- Yaga’s Chili Quest and Beer Fest (Jan. 15-16, 2016)
- Mardi Gras! Galveston (Jan. 29-Feb. 9, 2016)
- The Grand 1894 Opera House, five blocks
- Pier 21, four blocks from hotel
- Texas Seaport Museum, home to the famous 1877 Tall Ship Elissa, four blocks from hotel
- Baywatch Tours and Galveston Harbor Tours aboard the Seagull II, four blocks from hotel
- Jet Boat Thrill Rides, four blocks from hotel
- Postoffice Street Arts and Entertainment District, two blocks from hotel
- Galveston Railroad Museum, two blocks from hotel
- Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum, five blocks from hotel
- Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast and Haunted Mayfield Manor, one block from hotel
Social Media: www.Facebook.com/TremontHouse, www.Twitter.com/TremontHouse, www.Instagram.com/TremontHouse, www.YouTube.com/TheTremontHouse, www.Facebook.com/TheRooftopBar, www.plus.google.com/TremontHouse
Average annual high 80-89˚F (summer averages)
Average annual low 50-58˚F (winter averages)
William P. Hobby Airport (HOU), 45 Minutes Away
Daily service via AirTran, American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue, Branson AirExpress and Southwest. Private airport shuttle service begins at $35 per person.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), 75 Minutes Away
Daily service via AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air France, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Emirates, Frontier, KLM, Lufthansa, Qatar, Singapore Airlines, TACA Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and VivaAerobus
2300 Ship’s Mechanic Row, Galveston, Texas 77550
(409) 763-0300/(800) WYNDHAM