In the heart of The Strand National Historic Landmark District and the newly designated Downtown Cultural Arts District, The Tremont House is legendary for its gracious hospitality and stylish accommodations. Wedding space at The Tremont House ranges from small to mid-sized rooms featuring exposed brick and floor to ceiling windows to a spectacular ballroom providing the perfect backdrop for intimate and grand weddings.
Brides may arrive by horse-drawn carriage to weddings at The Tremont House. The hotel’s Sam Houston Room (2842 sq. ft.) boasts floor to ceiling windows, flooding the room with sunlight during afternoon standing receptions of up to 295 guests and 180 for a seated dinner. The Tremont Ballroom in the Davidson Building can hold up to 832 people for a standing reception and 650 for a seated dinner. The Davidson Annex, located on the first floor, can host up to 150 people.
Pre- and post-wedding, couples form new memories in Galveston. More than 100 eclectic shops, restaurants and galleries supply a treat for every couple. The Grand 1894 Opera House is just blocks away and the hotel is also within walking distance of several museums and attractions.
Tremont brides and guests can relax with a massage or prepare for the wedding at the nearby Spa at the Hotel Galvez. The spa offers a Relaxation Room, Meditation Garden and a private suite that can be used by brides and their wedding party to socialize between treatments.
Back at The Tremont House, special rehearsal dinners and bridal luncheons can be arranged, and bridesmaids can host an afternoon tea from 2 to 5p.m. while groomsmen play at the Toujouse Bar, offering cocktails and live music. Downtown Blooms,a full-service floral shop, is just across the street from the hotel and available for any last minute gifts, or for wedding florals and design.
The Tremont House is Galveston’s only hotel to offer a Rooftop Bar where guests can enjoy a drink and bird’s eye view Galveston. Complimentary accommodations are arranged for newlyweds married at The Tremont House along with discount rates for their guests. The Spa at the Hotel Galvez also offers special bridal and wedding packages for guests.
About The Tremont House
The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel, is owned by the Cynthia and George Mitchell family as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. The Tremont House is a 119-room boutique style hotel located in the heart of The Strand National Historic Landmark District and Galveston’s Downtown Cultural Arts District. This historic hotel features 14,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a bistro-style café, fitness center and two bars for entertainment – the 1888 Toujouse Bar and The Rooftop Bar. For reservations, call (409) 763-0300 or visit .
About Wyndham Grand®
Wyndham Grand® is an ensemble of distinguished hotels that are approachable by design, representing one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodation, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. A part of Wyndham Hotel Group, the Wyndham Grand family currently consists of 30 locations around the world. Additional information is available at www.wyndhamgrand.com. Most Wyndham Grand® hotels are franchised by Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, LLC or its affiliates. Certain Wyndham Grand hotels are owned or managed by an affiliate of Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC. Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels, encompassing more than 8,000 hotels and over 697,600 rooms in 77 countries. Additional information is available at www.wyndhamworldwide.com. For more information about hotel franchising opportunities visit www.whgdevelopment.com.
About Galveston Island
Galveston Island is a historic beach town located on the Gulf of Mexico just 50 miles from Houston. The island is best known as a vacation destination, offering 32 miles of beaches, a variety of family attractions, Texas’ premier cruise port and one of the largest and well-preserved concentrations of Victorian architecture in the country. For more information on Galveston Island visit www.galveston.com or call 1-888-GAL-ISLE.