The Tremont House Offer New Extended Stay Option
The Tremont House opened its extended stay suites, The Quarters, to its first guests in February 2018. The Quarters (a $1.2 million project), located on 2311-2313 Mechanic in the 1858 Berlocher Building, offer king-sized beds, fully-furnished kitchens, and high-end furnishings for living and dining spaces in one and two-bedroom suites. Special amenities include a mini-bar, adjacent parking, room service, Wi-Fi, cable TV, access to Tremont Fitness Center and the Galvez pool. These suites are part of The Tremont House inventory and available for guests with stays from five days to a month-long or longer.
The Tremont House Expands Popular The Rooftop Bar
The Tremont House is home to Galveston’s one and only Rooftop Bar. In January 2017 this popular bar was expanded to offer 14 more seats for a total of 70 to help accommodate more guests during peak times when the bar’s seats are often at a premium. The bar, open evenings daily (weather permitting), offers views of Galveston’s historic downtown and harbor from the roof of the four-floor hotel. The bar received two 2017 “Best of the Island” Awards from Galveston.com for Best Cocktail Bar and Best Hotel Bar. Awards are determined by a popular vote and nomination.
The Tremont House and Hotel Galvez Offer Cold-Brewed Coffee
Coffee lovers can experience cold-brewed pick-me-ups and hand-crafted caffeinated cocktails at The Tremont House’ 1888 Toujouse Bar and at Galvez Bar & Grill at Hotel Galvez & Spa. The hotels are working with Houston roasting company Katz Coffee for its coffee beans. The Tremont House joins Wyndham Grand hotels around the world in Chicago, U.S.; Shenzhen, China; Doha, Qatar; and Istanbul, Turkey already offering the one-of-a-kind program.
Wyndham Grand’s Brew Parlor is centered on cold-brewed coffee, an artisanal yet approachable trending drink consisting of coffee brewed for eight to ten hours with cold or room-temperature water, producing a condensed, smooth, and full flavor.
What The Tremont House is Known For
Tremont Shares History
The history of The Tremont House can be traced back to 1839 when the first hotel, located at the corner of Tremont and Postoffice streets opened. In celebration of this heritage, the hotel added a small history exhibit on three hotels bearing its name and the contributions of George and Cynthia Mitchell to its preservation and their role in restoring The Historic Strand District. The exhibit is free and open to the public.